2 Apr 2019, 10am
Singapore International Piano Festival masterclasses offers the public an opportunity to observe and learn from the world’s top pianists.
The multifaceted pianist Kirill Gerstein has rapidly ascended into classical music’s highest ranks. With a masterful technique, discerning intelligence, and a musical curiosity that has led him to explore repertoire spanning centuries and styles, he has proven to be one of today’s most intriguing and versatile musicians. His early training and experience in jazz has contributed an important element to his interpretive style, inspiring an energetic and expressive musical personality that distinguishes his playing. Besides winning First Prize at the 2001 Arthur Rubinstein Piano Competition, Gerstein is the sixth recipient of the prestigious Gilmore Artist Award and recipient of an Avery Fisher Grant (2010).
26th Singapore International Piano Festival
The 2019 edition of the Singapore International Piano Festival brings together virtuoso pianists from four corners of the world: renowned veteran British pianist Ronan O’Hora who has played in all major cities in Europe and the USA, two Gilmore Artist Award recipients – Argentinian pianist Ingrid Fliter and Russian-born American Kirill Gerstein – as well as top Chinese pianist Sa Chen.
Approximately 1 hour 30 minutes
(with an interval of 20 minutes)
Rating / Age Limit
- Children must be aged 7 and above to be admitted into the hall.
- We encourage you to bring along proof of child’s age, such as a student card, as random checks may be conducted at the venue.
- Children under 7 will not be admitted into the hall, even with a ticket.
- Parents or guardians of children admitted are strongly encouraged to purchase aisle seats.
- We reserve the right to ask parents or guardians to bring children out of the hall should they be disruptive during the performance.
- No admission without a ticket.
Late Seating Advisory:
- You are strongly advised to be seated 15 minutes before the performance start time.
- Latecomers will only be admitted at appropriate pauses during the show or during intermission, if any.
Photography / Video Recording Rules
- Non-flash photography is allowed during bows and applause. No photography when artistes are performing.
- Unauthorised video recordings are strictly not allowed.
Through all SISTIC Channels
S$15 per ticket for Students, Senior Citizens (55 years old & above), NSFs & Persons With Disabilities
[Verification: full-time students with valid student pass, NSF personnel with valid SAF 11B (Military IC) and concession card]
Concession tickets are non-transferable. Please note that random checks on concession tickets will be conducted at the point of entry. Patrons unable to present proof of eligibility are required to upgrade their concession tickets to full price tickets.