20 Oct 2017, 9am
20 Oct 2017, 10am
Internet and hotline sales for this event close at 6.30pm on event day. Please proceed to any SISTIC authorised agent for ticketing assistance.
Malaysian Philharmonic Youth Orchestra
Naohisa Furusawa, conductor
Tengku Irfan, conductor
Low Zi Yang, violin
TENGKU IRFAN What Does It Take To Dance?
(Singapore premiere, MPYO commission)
BARBER Essay No. 2
DVOŘÁK Symphony No. 9 'New World Symphony'
The MPYO and conductor Naohisa Furusawa celebrate youthful Malaysian musicians: 19-year-old pianist-composer Tengku Irfan conducts the world premiere of his new composition What Does It Take To Dance? (an MPYO commission) as well as Barber’s Essay No. 2. Rising violinist 13-year-old Low Zi Yang is the young soloist in the passionate first movement of Ravel's Tzigane, and the concert concludes grandly with Dvořák’s most popular Ninth Symphony - "From the New World".
Rating / Age Limit
- No admission for infants in arms and children below 6 years old.
- Children 6 years and above must purchase ticket for entry.
- Admission is subject to tickets produced at the entrance.
Late Seating Advisory:
- You are strongly advised to be seated 15 minutes before the performance start time.
- No admission will be allowed into the venue once the performance has commenced.
- Exceptions may be made at Esplanade's discretion depending on the nature of the performance.
Photography / Video Recording Rules
- No Photography, Video recording and Audio recording is permitted for this event.
Through All SISTIC Channels
10% Discount for Friends of the SSO.
[ Verification: present Friend of the SSO card (Agents) upon purchase or quote password through hotline; enter password online. ]
[ Valid for Cat 1 - Cat 2 ]
S$10 for Students, Senior Citizens (55 years old & above) & NSFs.
Full-Time students with valid student pass.
NSF personnel with valid SAF 11B (Military IC)
Concession tickets are non-transferable. Please note that random checks on concession tickets will be conducted at the point of entry.
Patrons unable to present proof of eligibility are required to upgrade their concession tickets to full price tickets.
[ Valid for Cat 2 ]