Early Bird Sale
13 Sep 2018, 9am - 28 Sep 2018, 12am
13 Sep 2018, 10am - 27 Sep 2018, 8pm
28 Sep 2018, 12am
28 Sep 2018, 10am
IN ART WE TRUST
By Benoît Rossel
What makes an artist? In Art We Trust examines the figure of the artist in the 21st century, painting a portrait of a fascinating vocation that is considered sacrosanct by some and mocked by others.
The profession is as complex as the individuals within it. In Art We Trust provides an intimate and truthful portrayal of artmaking by capturing a diverse group of visual artists at different stages in their practice. Director Benoît Rossel quietly films them in their working environments, observing the subtleties of their processes, ambitions, self-doubts, convictions, and compromises, often with a touch of ironic humour. As a result, the film is directed by the trajectory of the artists’ sharing and radiates honesty, making it a playful and moving allegory of the artist in contemporary society.
Artists featured in the film (in order of appearance): Lawrence Weiner, Gregory Forstner, Guy Sherwin, Luc Andrié, Dennis Adams, Olivier Masmonteil, Benoît Maire, Liam Gillick, Julie Mehretu, Laurent Grasso, Ayako David Kawauchi, Esther Ferrer, Valérie Jouve, John Armleder, Géraldine Bize, Miguel Meneses, Nastassia Cougoulat, Nathalie Perrin, Mathieu Mercier, Bridget Polk
In Art We Trust competed at International Festival of Films on Art (2017) in Montreal, CPH:DOX (2017) and Visions du Reel (2017).
Early Bird Sale
In English and French with English subtitles
Approximately 86 minutes
Rating / Age Limit
- Rating: T.B.A.
- No admission for infants in arms.
- Admission is subject to tickets and valid IDs produced at the entrance.
Photography / Video Recording Rules
- No flash photography or videography is permitted in the galleries.
- Still photography (no flash) for non-commercial use is permitted.
- Photography may not be permitted in the special exhibition galleries.
- Use of selfie sticks and tripods is also not permitted in the galleries.
- No food and drink (including bottled water) is permitted in the galleries.
- Tickets are only valid on the stipulated date, and for one entry.
- Tickets cannot be refunded, sold or exchanged, and are void if altered.
- Concession tickets are only valid for visitors who meet the concessionary requirements.
Through All SISTIC Channels
S$8.00 per ticket for Early Bird Adult
S$8.00 per ticket for Early Bird Senior (with valid ID)
S$8.00 per ticket for Early Bird Student (with valid student pass)
S$8.00 per ticket for Early Bird NSF (with valid 11B card)
[Applicable from 13 Sep 2018 till 27 Sep 2018]
Benoît Rossel (b. 1969) is a French-Swiss filmmaker. His 2007 film The Operating won Best Swiss Film at Visions du Réel, and was screened at the Shadow Film Festival (2007) in Amsterdam and the Vancouver International Film Festival (2007). He has been teaching film studies at the École cantonale d'art de Lausanne since 1997.