24 Oct 2018, 9am
24 Oct 2018, 10am
See more through less at the first Minimalism exhibition in Southeast Asia. National Gallery Singapore and ArtScience Museum collaborate for the first time to present the region’s first exhibition focusing on Minimalism. Led by the National Gallery Singapore and set across these two sites, over 150 works will explore the history and legacy of this ground-breaking art movement, which continues to influence a wide range of art forms and practitioners across the world today. Featuring international artists like Mark Rothko, Donald Judd, Anish Kapoor, Ai Weiwei, and Mona Hatoum, as well as Singaporean artists like Kim Lim, Tang Da Wu, and Jeremy Sharma.
The exhibition at National Gallery Singapore will display close to 100 artworks and explore the origins and development of Minimal art and ideas from its inception to the present day, as well as present Minimalism’s ongoing influence on contemporary artists, performance, music and film. The exhibition also features immersive site-specific installations and programmes, as well as unique experiences such as the Martin Creed Café takeover of the Gallery & Co. café.
Rating / Age Limit
- All patron must purchase ticket for admission.
Photography / Video Recording Rules
- No flash photography or videography is permitted in the galleries.
- Still photography (no flash) for non-commercial use is permitted.
- Photography may not be permitted in the special exhibition galleries.
- Use of selfie sticks and tripods is also not permitted in the galleries.
- No food and drink (including bottled water) is permitted in the galleries.
- Tickets are only valid on the stipulated date, and for one entry.
- Tickets cannot be refunded, sold or exchanged, and are void if altered.
- Concession tickets are only valid for visitors who meet the concessionary requirements.
TOUCHING THE ARTWORK
FOOD & BEVERAGE
Strollers are permitted in the galleries. Large strollers should be parked at the designated stroller parking area at Level 1.
|Ticket Type||SINGAPOREANS AND PRs||NON-SINGAPOREANS||GALLERY INSIDERS|
at National Gallery Singapore only
Minimalism – Two Venues
at National Gallery Singapore and ArtScience Museum
* Inclusive of General Admission at the Gallery
ADMISSION TO ALL EXHIBITIONS AT THE GALLERY IS FREE FOR:
- Children aged 6 and below
- Local and locally-based students and teachers
- Persons with disabilities (PWD) and their caregiver
*CONCESSIONS APPLY WITH VALID VERIFICATION TO:
- Children aged 7 – 12
- Seniors aged 60 and above
- Full-time National Servicemen (NSF), excluding foreign personnel
- Overseas students and teachers
Gallery Insiders enjoy free entry to all exhibitions and galleries. Simply flash your membership card at The Gallery ticketing counter to redeem your ticket.