National Gallery Singapore is a new visual arts institution which oversees the largest public collection of modern art in Singapore and Southeast Asia. The Gallery is housed in two national monuments—former Supreme Court and City Hall—that have been beautifully restored and transformed into this exciting venue in the heart of the Civic District.
Reflecting Singapore’s unique heritage and geographical location, the Gallery will feature Singapore and Southeast Asian art in its long-term and special exhibitions. It will also work with leading museums worldwide to co-present Southeast Asian art in a wider context, positioning Singapore as a regional and international hub for the visual arts.
DBS Gallery presents Siapa Nama Kamu?: Art in Singapore since the 19th Century
"Siapa Nama Kamu?" means "What is your name?" The inaugural exhibition of the DBS Singapore Gallery poses this question, inviting visitors to consider how art may relate to issues of self and community, and what it means to look at Singapore through its art.
Drawing on close to 400 works, it explores the influences and practices that have shaped and transformed Singapore art. Each artwork provides insights into why and how an artist responded to his surroundings and circumstances. Taken as a whole, the wide range of artworks reflects the complexities involved in telling this extensive story.
UOB Southeast Asia Gallery presents Between Declarations and Dreams: Art of Southeast Asia since the 19th Century
If one thing characterises Southeast Asia, it is change. A meeting point for major civilisations, religions and colonial powers, it has experienced a tumultuous social and political history, marked by a complex relationship between local traditions and influences from the West.
Between Declarations and Dreams looks at Southeast Asian art’s continuous encounter with the new, and how artists negotiated meaning and expression as they grappled with change. A powerful exhibition, it displays close to 400 artworks, as well as rare books and artefacts.
With effect from Oct 8th, new operating hours will be.
Sat-Thu 10am to 7pm
Fri 10am to 9pm
Public Holidays and Eve of PH will follow the operating hours of the day it falls on.
Law of the Land (LOL) exhibition will no longer be free.
Visitors will have to purchase General Admission or All Access Tickets to view the LOL exhibition.
Exhibition spaces which remain free are: KCAE, Listening to Architecture (at Archigallery), Ng Teng Fong Roof Garden Gallery
Free Admission to all galleries for:
- Children aged 6 and below
- Person with Disabilities (PWDs) and one care giver
- Local & locally-based students and teachers
(Tickets are not available online and must be redeemed over the counters at National Gallery Singapore with valid proof of identity.)
Concessions apply to:
- Children aged 7-12
- Seniors aged 60 and above
- Full-time National Servicemen (NSF) excluding foreign personnel
- Overseas students & teachers
Exhibition Admission Terms and Conditions
- Concessionary tickets shall only be used by those who satisfy the concessionary requirements.
- Random checks will be conducted at various point of entries. Visitors who are unable to present proof of eligibility will be required to upgrade to standard full price tickets.
- Not for sale or exchange.
- Void if altered.
- This ticket admits one only; unauthorized duplicates will not be granted entry – if another ticket holder has already used this ticket or a copy of it, you must purchase a new ticket to gain admission.
- The Gallery retains full discretion to grant or deny visitors entry into any exhibition.
- The Gallery reserves the right to ask any person(s) to leave the premises due to unruly or objectionable conduct and behaviour.
- The Gallery is not responsible for any loss, damage or personal injury sustained by the ticket holder.
- Ticket prices and conditions are subject to change without prior notice.
TOUCHING THE ARTWORK
FOOD & BEVERAGE
Strollers are permitted in the galleries. Large strollers should be parked at the designated stroller parking area at Level 1.