Century of Light features two exciting exhibitions on art from the 19th century, a post-Enlightenment era of innovation and change. Together, they demonstrate the range of painting styles and art movements that emerged in Europe during this formative period, which has been and continues to be influential to the development of art in Southeast Asia and around the world.
Between Worlds: Raden Saleh and Juan Luna
City Hall Wing, Level 3, Singtel Special Exhibition Gallery C
Between Worlds features the works of Indonesian artist Raden Saleh (c.1811–1880) and Filipino artist Juan Luna (1857–1899), two leading painters from Southeast Asia who achieved wide acclaim in Europe. This will be the first major survey to bring their works together, drawing from important collections around the world.
It explores how Raden Saleh and Juan Luna developed their work living between two diverse cultures and societies; and how the European experiences of these extraordinary artists have shaped the art history of this region.
Colours of Impressionism: Masterpieces from the Musée d’Orsay
City Hall Wing, Level 3, Singtel Special Exhibition Gallery A & B
Colours of Impressionism tells the story of Impressionism through the colours that painters used at different stages in their careers. From the deep blacks of Manet's Spanish-influenced paintings, to the green and blue landscapes that Cézanne and Monet painted outdoors, to the soft pinks of Renoir's classical female figures, the exhibition traces the importance of colour to the Impressionists' radical reshaping of painting in the 19th century.
The exhibition features over 60 masterpieces from the renowned collection of the Musée d’Orsay, Paris, including key works by Monet, Renoir, Manet, Pissarro and Cézanne.
Exhibition Admission Terms and Conditions
- Concessionary tickets shall only be used by those who satisfy the concessionary requirements.
- Not for sale or exchange.
- Void if altered.
- This ticket admits one only; unauthorized duplicates will not be granted entry – if another ticket holder has already used this ticket or a copy of it, you must purchase a new ticket to gain admission.
- The Gallery retains full discretion to grant or deny visitors entry into any exhibition.
- The Gallery reserves the right to ask any person(s) to leave the premises due to unruly or objectionable conduct and behaviour.
- The Gallery is not responsible for any loss, damage or personal injury sustained by the ticket holder.
- Ticket prices and condictions are subject to change without prior notice.
Free admission into Century of Light from 16 – 18 February 2018.
TOUCHING THE ARTWORK
FOOD & BEVERAGE
Strollers are permitted in the galleries. Large strollers should be parked at the designated stroller parking area at Level 1.
|Ticket Type||SINGAPOREANS AND PRs||NON-SINGAPOREANS||GALLERY INSIDERS|
|Century of Light||$15||$10||$25||$20||-|
All Access Pass
+ Century of Light)
- Children aged 6 and below
- Local and locally-based students & teachers
- Persons with disabilities (PWD) & their caregiver
- Children aged 7 – 12
- Seniors aged 60 and above
- Full-time National Servicemen (NSF), excluding foreign personnel
- Overseas students and teachers
Gallery Insiders enjoy free entry to all exhibitions and galleries. Simply flash your membership card at The Gallery ticketing counter to redeem your ticket.