14 June 2019, 9am
14 June 2019, 10am
This exhibition investigates how experimental artists acted as catalysts for change during some of Asia’s most turbulent decades. It spotlights artistic responses to major global events such as the Cold War, and explores how artists challenged political, social and artistic conventions.
Co-organised by National Gallery Singapore, the National Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art, Korea and the National Museum of Modern Art, Tokyo, and the Japan Foundation Asia Center, Awakenings draws connections across Asia through over 150 artworks by important artists from China, India, Japan, Taiwan, Korea, Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, the Philippines, Myanmar, Thailand and Cambodia.
Exhibition Admission Terms and Conditions
- Concessionary tickets shall only be used by those who satisfy the concessionary requirements.
- Not for sale or exchange.
- Void if altered.
- This ticket admits one only; unauthorized duplicates will not be granted entry – if another ticket holder has already used this ticket or a copy of it, you must purchase a new ticket to gain admission.
- The Gallery retains full discretion to grant or deny visitors entry into any exhibition.
- The Gallery reserves the right to ask any person(s) to leave the premises due to unruly or objectionable conduct and behaviour.
- The Gallery is not responsible for any loss, damage or personal injury sustained by the ticket holder.
- Ticket prices and condictions are subject to change without prior notice.
TOUCHING THE ARTWORK
FOOD & BEVERAGE
Strollers are permitted in the galleries. Large strollers should be parked at the designated stroller parking area at Level 1.
This year's National Day Parade will take place at the Padang. We are proud and honoured to be the venue partner for the NDP 2019 celebrations! Due to rehearsals, previews and actual day requirements, there are some changes to our opening hours. Learn More
Admission tickets for the following dates can be purchased at Gallery's ticketing counter onsite:
6 & 7, 13 & 14, 20– 26, 29 - 31 July
1, 5 – 7 August
The Gallery will be open as usual in July except for early closure (from 2:30pm) on 6, 13, 20 July 2019.
Full Day Closures
Full day closures in end July and early August:
27 & 28 July
2- 4, 8 – 10 August