Early Bird Sales
16 Jan 2019, 9am
16 Jan 2019, 10am
1 May 2019, 12am
1 May 2019, 10am
This Wayang Peranakan gives insights as to the kind of lives the Peranakan led, post World War II. Most Peranakans lost their men as the Japanese were wary of them being spies for the British since many were English educated. The women were left to fend for themselves and became heads of their respective households.
Bibik Besair, Bibik Tengah and Bibik Bongso are sisters, the latter being the child of the second wife.
The three of them grew up in the same household, hence they are very close.
The songs, incidents, decisions truly reflect the Peranakan way of life during the 50s to the 60s.
Bibik Besair has only one son, Khoo Hock Seng, who is married to Helen Sim, a Teochew lady, who graduated from a University in London. Bibik Besair was widowed early and brought her son up all by herself. Hock Seng is a very filial son. When he married Helen, he is torn between his wife and his mother as Helen does not get along with her mother-in-law.
Bibik Tengah also had only one son. Both her son and daughter-in-law died in an accident. The dead couple left behind their only son, Tan Poh Chye, who is dim-witted. As he is the only decendant of Bibik Tengah she dotes on him.
Bibik Bongsu, is a widow. She is childless and is happy having inherited large sums from her dead husbands.
The three of them face various problems daily, relying on each other for comfort and treating each other as soulmates. Ultimately they realised through their adversities that blood is thicker than water.
Early Bird Sales
English & Baba Malay (with Surtitles)
Approximately 2 hours 15 minutes
(inclusive of 15 minutes interval)
Rating / Age Limit
- No admission for infants in arms and person below 8 years old.
- Patron 8 years and above must purchase a ticket for entry.
- Admission is subject to tickets produced at the entrance.
Late Seating Advisory
- For the enjoyment of all audience members, all events start promptly at the time printed on the ticket.
- Please be seated 15 minutes before the performance start time.
- Late arrival may result in non-admittance until a suitable break in the performance.
Photography / Video Recording Rules
- No Photography, Video recording and Audio recording is permitted for this event.
Through All SISTIC Channels
30% Discount for Early Bird
[Applicable from 16 Jan - 28 Feb 2019]
20% Discount for Early Bird
[Applicable from 1 Mar - 30 Apr 2019]
Click Here for the Cast Biographies.