Some of the finest examples of nyonya needlework, from the Peranakan Museum and major international collections, will be displayed. Visitors can discover the ingenuity and skill embedded in the art, the importance of tradition, and the innovations inspired by the dynamic, multicultural environment of the region.
- Table cover. Penang, early 20th century. Silk, metal thread, diameter 119 cm. Peranakan Museum, Singapore [2005-01299]
- Woman’s ankle boots. Java (Indonesia), late 19th century. Silk, lametta, metal, sequins, gold, brass, stucco, height 24.5 cm. Peranakan Museum, Singapore, Gift of Mr and Mrs Lee Kip Lee [2012-00208]
- Wedding bed valance (bin chng chai). Penang (Malaysia), early 20th century. Silk, metal, glass beads, 197.3 x 68 cm. Peranakan Museum, Singapore [2005-01293]
- Ceremonial handkerchief (sapu tangan). Malacca (Malaysia), late 19th century. Silk, metal beads, glass beads, cordonnet, 34.2 x 20 cm. Peranakan Museum, Singapore [2011-01556]
- Belt. West Sumatra (Indonesia), 1912. Cotton, silk, glass beads, 7.5 x 88 cm. National Museum of Singapore [G-0808]
- Free admission for infant in arms and child aged below 7 years old.
- Child 7 years old and above must purchase ticket for admission.
- No Photography, Video recording and Audio recording is allowed for this event
Through SISTIC Website, Hotline, Authorised Agents & TPM Ticketing Counter
S$5.00 for Non-Singaporean Student, Senior Citizen (Age 60 & above) and PWD
Through SISTIC Authorised Agents & TPM Ticketing Counter
S$7.00 for SIA Boarding Pass
[Verification: Present valid boarding pass upon purchase]
S$7.00 for EZ-link Singapore Tourist Pass
[Verification: Present ez-link card at the counter to enjoy this discount]
Through TPM Ticketing Counter Only
S$1.00 for Travel Agent Singaporean / PR Adult
S$4.00 for Travel Agent Non Singaporean Adult
S$2.00 for Travel Agent Non Singaporean Student, Senior citizen (age 60 & sbove) and PWD