21 Mar 2017, 9am.
21 Mar 2017, 10am.
World renowned Buddhist music composer and vocalist Imee Ooi and the JSJG Men's Dharma Group, along with their concert team, premiered The Sound of Wisdom at Istana Budaya National Theatre Kuala Lumpur in 2015 before going on tour to the Singapore Esplanade Concert Hall, Medan and Jakarta. They performed to a total audience of 20,000. In gratitude for the great support and anticipation from fans and music followers, Imee will be presenting another exquisite production with her group and team, Sound of Wisdom 2 - HEAL, which seeks to continue the spreading of loving-kindness, peace and light throughout the world.
Approximately 2 hours
(Approximately 15 minutes interval)
Rating / Age Limit
- No admission for infants in arms and children below 6 years old
- Children 6 years and above must purchase ticket for entry
- Admission is subject to tickets produced at the entrance
Late Seating Advisory:
- You are strongly advised to be seated 15 minutes before the performance start time
- No admission will be allowed into the venue once the performance has commenced
- Exceptions may be made at Esplanade's discretion depending on the nature of the performance
Photography / Video Recording Rules
- No Photography, Video recording and Audio recording is permitted for this event
Imee Ooi 黄慧音
Born in Malaysia, Imee Ooi is a Buddhist music composer, producer, director, music arranger and vocalist whose music has been heard worldwide. Her Dharma Sutras, Dharanis and Mantras have become staple listening for an ever increasing international community of people who either aspire to enlightenment or who simply wish for healing and joy. For over 20 years Imee recorded more than 50 albums before deciding to perform in public due to popular request, and in order to assist in cultivating the talents of young and upcoming Buddhist singers and performers, a mission that has always been close to her heart. She warmly invites others to join in this platform, and to spread love, light and peace around the world through music.