10 Feb 2017, 9am
10 Feb 2017, 10am
Science Centre + Butterflies Up-Close + Omni-Theatre Movie Package
Science Centre Singapore celebrates its 40th Anniversary in December 2017. This package kicks off a year-long celebration.
The Science Centre is an award-winning family attraction that showcases more than 1000 interactive exhibits across 19 themed galleries such as E3, Earth, Brain and Climate Change. Plus, there are outdoor attractions such as the Kinetic Garden, Waterworks and Ecogarden.
Our latest exhibition, Butterflies Up-Close, is Singapore’s first indoor butterfly sanctuary. Learn about the life cycle of a butterfly through interactive exhibits and delight in an up-close experience with hundreds of live butterflies from around the region.
While the Omni-Theatre, SE Asia’s first 8K 3D Digital Dome Theatre, will amaze you with a larger-than-life experiential journey through its 2D and 3D digital movies.
1. Natural Selection 3D (40min)
Join Darwin on his voyage to the Galapagos Islands, and learn the mechanism of natural selection through beautiful examples in nature.
Recommended for: Age 10 and above
2. Dinosaurs @ Dusk (40min)
Go on a whirlwind time travel adventure back to the epoch of the Dinosaurs.
3. Mysteries of the Unseen World (40min)
National Geographic's Mysteries of the Unseen World brings you on a journey into the unseen world around us; and to examine the properties of objects at the nanoscale.
4. Back to the Moon for Good (30mins)
Directors Award, Jena Fulldome Festival 2014
Best Planetariun Choice, Macao Int’l Fulldome Festival 2014
Immerse yourself in a race to return to the Moon 40 years after the historic Apollo landings. See how a real-life competition (Google Lunar XPRIZE) among privately funded international teams is ushering in a new era of lunar exploration. To win, a team must land a robotic spacecraft on the Moon, navigate 500 metres over the lunar surface, and send video, images and data back to Earth. Learn about the Moon's resources and discover what humanity's future on the Moon might hold.
Note: Malaysia’s Independence-X is the only Southeast Asian team and 1 of the 5 finalists still in the running for this competition which ends December 2017. Cheer for them and learn more about space exploration.
5. One World One Sky: Big Bird’s Adventure (30mins)
Re-commended for children aged 3 to 6 (inclusive of an activity booklet for each child)
Pre-schoolers will be thrilled when they find themselves on Sesame Street with their famous friends, Big Bird and Elmo. The fun begins when Elmo’s friend, Hu Hu Zhu, visits from China and they go on an exciting journey of discovery to learn about the Sun, moon, stars, and Big Dipper.
Approximately 3 hours
Rating / Age Limit
- Free admission for infants in arms and children below 3 years old for this event, but must accompany by adult with ticket and not occupy seat for the movie/show.
- Children 3 years and above must purchase a ticket for entry.
- Admission is subject to tickets produced at the entrance.
- Movie/show starts punctually. Please arrive 15 mins before showtime (free seating within TOP section).
Photography / Video Recording Rules
- Photography and Video recording are permitted for Science Centre & Butterflies Up-Close.
- No Flash Photography, Video recording and Audio recording is permitted for Omni-Theatre.