6 Jul 2017, 9am.
Other Channels :
6 Jul 2017, 10am.
Interested to grow your own food? Learn how to make compost, seed bombs, DIY plant and herb kits, herb racks and more – all using eco-friendly methods! You will also pick up tips on recycling daily used materials. All participants will take home a complimentary mushroom-in-a-cup kit along with their own workshop creations.
Topics covered at the workshop include: -
- Sowing and caring for seedlings – an introduction to the propagation of herbs via stem cuttings
- Working and recycling with plastic bottles
- Making a self-wicking system, sunlight locator, suspended herb rack and seed bomb
- Introduction and overview on the types of herbs and leafy vegetables that can be grown in an urban environment
- Brewing and making your own organic pesticide spray
- Behaviours of organic and inorganic fertilizer
- Use of organic matter for growing gourmet oyster mushrooms
- Aquaponics and the science behind fish and food
Sharing sessions on
- Soil types and soil mixing recommendations
- Composting with earthworms and how to make your own compost tub
Each ticket admits a parent-child pair (recommended for children above 4 years), or a single pax age 8 and above. Children under age 8 must be accompanied by an adult.
Each ticket entitles you to one set of workshop materials and one complimentary mushroom-in-a-cup kit. Participants are strongly encouraged to bring two to three 1.5 litre plastic bottles to the workshop (thinner material preferred).
Conducted by Herb in a Cup. Social entrepreneur Balan Gopal founded Herb in a Cup to promote Farming In Built Up Areas (FIBUA) and to act as a cross-platform for organic and recycling initiatives. He believes that education and the application of eco projects provide vital solutions to the challenges in today’s landscape, and his mission is to make Singapore a true ‘green’ food paradise with a focus on healthy and mindful living.
This workshop requires a minimum of 8 parent-child/single pax before commencement.
Imaginarium: To the Ends of the Earth
6 May – 27 August 2017
SAM at 8Q
Explorers of the land! How much do you know about the planet we inhabit? Singapore Art Museum welcomes you back with the 7th edition of our family focused exhibition Imaginarium: To the Ends of the Earth. Taking a closer look at the surroundings and environments we reside in, we see how people, flora and fauna, adapt to their ever-changing surroundings. With the technological progress we have made, we now have better insight into far-flung locations, and are more connected than before, but are we really any closer to appreciating Earth’s many marvels? Through inspiring and engaging artworks, Imaginarium 2017 introduces explorers to new ways of seeing and experiencing the world around us.
Approximately 2 Hours
Patrons are advised to arrive early and be seated by 2.30pm. No admission after 2.45pm.
Rating / Age Limit:
- Each ticket admits a parent-child pair (recommended for children above 4 years), or a single pax age 8 and above.
- Children under 8 years must be accompanied by an adult.
- Participants are encouraged to bring 2-3 empty 1.5 litre bottles to the workshop.
- All patrons require ticket to be admitted.
- Each ticket can be redeemed for one-time museum admission for the specified duration.
Photography / Video Recording Rules
- Photography without flash and Video recording is allowed for this event.
Through All SISTIC Channels
20% Discount for BYOF (Bring Your Own Family/Friends) with a min 2 tickets